Spring Sports Announcemnts
Spring Sports Information:
All student-athletes must follow the process below before being eligible to participate for a spring sports team:
- Parents need to complete the required on-line registration process at https://www.familyid.com/john-stark-regional-high-school even if you played a fall or winter sport. If your parents can’t complete the forms on line then you must see the Athletic Director to discuss the alternate process.
- All freshman and juniors playing a Spring Sport must take the ImPACT Concussion test if you did not take it this fall or winter. Any Sophomores or Seniors that did not take an ImPACT test this current or last school year must take one this Spring.
Dates the ImPACT Test will be given are Monday, March 11 at 3:10 and Thursday, March 14 at 3:10 in the Writing Center.
If you want to play a Spring Sport and need to take an ImPACT test you must attend one of those two dates and the test will start promptly at 3:10. Any one arriving after 3:10 may not be allowed to take the test.
Also before you can take the ImPACT test your parents must have completed the required on-line registration process as described above.
- When the on-line registration process has been completed as described above Mr. Searles will check your eligibility in terms of academics. I will be using your 2nd quarter snapshot grades to determine your eligibility. You must have a passing grade in at least 5 classes on your 2nd quarter report card.. If you are passing 4 classes you will need to see Mr. Searles about applying for an Academic Eligibility Waiver in order to possibly being eligible to play.
- In addition in order to be eligible to play you must have a current physical on file with the nurse and be cleared to participate by the athletic trainer. Physicals are considered good for 13 months from the date of exam for all students. Please remember the date mentioned above is the date of your actual exam by your doctor, not the date the form may have been printed by the doctor’s office.
- If you played a winter sport, you will not be cleared until all uniforms and/or equipment has been returned to your coach and the coach notifies the athletic director everything has been returned.
Once your parents have completed the on-line registration process as discussed above and you have met all the other eligibility requirements listed above you will be cleared for participation. YOU CAN”T PRACTICE UNTIL CLEARED BY THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR!
The Athletic Director will post a list of cleared and not cleared athletes outside his office everyday by 2:00 starting on March 11. If you are on the not cleared list, you will need to see him to learn why you are not cleared. He will not find you to let you know why you are not cleared!!!!
Important Dates for all Spring Sports Athletes: Practice times will be posted by March 13.
Monday, March 198 – The following sports will start practice/tryouts: Baseball, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Softball and Track & Field.
Monday, March 25- Boys Volleyball and Unified Volleyball starts
Thursday, March 28- Mandatory Parent and Athlete Winter Sports Meeting, 7 p.m. in the Cafeteria. All spring athletes and at least one parent/guardian must attend. Parents that attended the fall or winter meeting will not need to be in the cafeteria until 7:15.