Spring Sports Announcemnts
Spring Sports Information:
All student-athletes must follow the process below before being eligible to participate for a spring sports team:
- Parents need to complete the required on-line registration process at here https://johnstark-nh.finalforms.com/ even if you played a fall or winter sport. Registration will open on Thursday, February 24.
- All freshman and juniors playing a Spring Sport must take the ImPACT Concussion test if you did not take it this fall or winter. Any Sophomores or Seniors that did not take an ImPACT test this current or last school year must take one this Spring.
Dates the ImPACT Test will be given are Monday, March 14 at 3:10 and Thursday, March 17 at 3:10 in the Graphics Lab.
If you want to play a Spring Sport and need to take an ImPACT test you must attend one of those two dates and the test will start promptly at 3:10. Anyone arriving after 3:10 may not be allowed to take the test.
Also before you can take the ImPACT test your parents must have completed the required on-line registration process as described above.
- When the on-line registration process has been completed as described above Mr. Searles will check your eligibility in terms of academics. I will be using your 2nd quarter snapshot grades to determine your eligibility. You must have a passing grade in at least 5 classes on your 2nd quarter report card. If you are passing 4 classes you will need to see Mr. Searles about applying for an Academic Eligibility Waiver in order to possibly be eligible to play.
- In addition in order to be eligible to play, you must have a current physical on file with the nurse and be cleared to participate by the athletic trainer. Physicals are considered good for 13 months from the date of exam for all students. Please remember the date mentioned above is the date of your actual exam by your doctor, not the date the form may have been printed by the doctor’s office. Parents are encouraged to take advantage of the ability to upload a copy of their child’s most recent physical onto the Finalforms website so there will be no delay in being cleared to participate.
- If you played a winter sport, you will not be cleared until all uniforms and/or equipment has been returned to your coach and the coach notifies the athletic director everything has been returned.
Once your parents have completed the on-line registration process as discussed above and you have met all the other eligibility requirements listed above you will be cleared for participation. YOU CAN'T PRACTICE UNTIL CLEARED BY THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR!
You will be contacted through the Finalforms website to inform you if the student-athlete is cleared to participate or not. If an athlete is not cleared the reason why will be provided.
Practices/Tryouts will start on the following dates:
Monday, March 21: Baseball, Softball, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse and Track and Field
Monday, March 28: Boys Volleyball
The start date for Unified Track has not been determined as of yet but it will not start until at least April 4.
Inside Start times for the first two weeks of the season. Once teams are allowed to go outside updated information will be sent out via finalforms.
|Date||Day of the week||JV/Var BB||JV/Var SB||Jv/Var G. Lax||Boys Volleyball||Outdoor Track|
|March 21||Mon.||3:30- 5:00||5:00- 6:30||6:30- 8:00||Off||Café- 3:15- 5:15|
|March 22||Tue||7:30- 9:30||5:30- 7:30||3:30- 5:30||Off||Café- 3:15- 5:15|
|March 23||Wed||3:30- 5:30||5:30- 7:30||7:30- 9:30||Off||Café- 3:15- 5:15|
|March 24||Thu||5:30- 7:30||7:30- 9:30||3:30- 5:30||Off||Café- 3:15- 5:15|
|March 25||Fri||3:30- 5:30||5:30- 7:30||7:30- 9:30||Off||Café- 3:15- 5:15|
|March 26||Sat||8:00- 10:00||4:00- 8:00||Off||Off||Off|
|March 28||Mon||4:30- 6:00||6:00- 7:30||7:30- 9:00||3:00- 4:30||Café- 3:15- 5:15|
|March 29||Tue||4:30- 6:00||7:30- 9:00||6:00- 7:30||3:00- 4:30||Café- 3:15- 5:15|
|March 30||Wed||4:30- 6:00||6:00- 7:30||7:30- 9:00||3:00- 4:30||Café- 3:15- 5:15|
|March 31||Thu||4:30- 6:00||Off/Outside||8:00- 9:30||3:00- 4:30||Café- 3:15- 5:15|
|April 1||Fri||Away Scrimmage||7:30- 9:00||6:00- 7:30||3:00- 4:30||Café- 3:00-5:00|
|April 2||Sat||12:00- 2:00||Away Scrimmage||8:00- 10:00||Off||Off|