Winter Sports Announcements
Winter Sports Information:
All student-athletes must follow the process below before being eligible to participate for a winter sports team:
- Parents need to complete the required on-line registration process at https://www.familyid.com/john-stark-regional-high-school even if you played a fall sport. If your parents can’t complete the forms on line then you must see the Athletic Director to discuss the alternate process. Registration on FamilyID will be open by November 4th.
- All freshman and juniors playing a Winter Sport must take the ImPACT Concussion baseline test if you did not take it this fall. All juniors must take the test this year even if they took it last year. Any Sophomores or Seniors that did not take an ImPACT test this current or last school year must take one this Winter.
Dates the ImPACT Test will be given are Wednesday, November 13 at 3:10 pm and Thursday, November 21 at 3:10 pm in the Writing Center.
If you want to play a Winter Sport and need to take an ImPACT test you must attend one of those dates and time. You must be on time to be able to take the test if you are late to the writing center you will not be allowed to the test that day.
Also before you can take the ImPACT test your parents must have completed the required on-line registration process as described above.
- When the on-line forms have been completed as described above Mr. Searles will check your eligibility in terms of academics- you must have passed at least 5 classes when grades closed for quarter one. If you only passed 4 classes you will need to see Mr. Searles about applying for an Academic Eligibility Waiver in order to possibly being eligible to play.
- In addition to be eligible to play you must have a current physical on file with the nurse and be cleared to participate by the athletic trainer. Physicals are considered good for 13 months from the date of exam for all students. Please remember the date mentioned above is the date of your actual exam by your doctor, not the date the form may have been printed by the doctor’s office.
- If you played a fall sport, you will not be cleared until all uniforms and/or equipment has been returned to your coach and the coach notifies the athletic director everything has been returned.
Once your parents have completed the required forms as discussed above, you met all eligibility requirements and taken the ImPACT test if needed you will be cleared for participation. YOU CAN”T PRACTICE UNTIL CLEARED BY THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR!
The Athletic Director will post a list of cleared and not cleared athletes outside his office everyday by 2:00 starting on November 8th. If you are on the not cleared list, you will need to see him to learn why you are not cleared. He will not find you to let you know why you are not cleared!!!!
Start Dates for all Winter Sports Athletes:
November 18: Wrestling, 5:30- 7:30
November 19: Swimming, TBD, Goffstown YMCA
November 25: Girls Basketball 4:00- 6:30
December 2: Boys Basketball- 3:00- 6:00, Ice Hockey TBD, Winter Cheer 3:00- 5:30 and Alpine Ski TBD
Thursday, December 5- Mandatory Parent and Athlete Winter Sports Meeting, 7 p.m. in the Cafeteria. All winter athletes and at least one parent/guardian must attend and all parents and athletes must be in attendance at 7:00 even if you attended the Fall Meeting.