Winter Sports Announcements
Winter Sports Information:
All student-athletes must follow the process below before being eligible to participate for a winter sports team:
1) Parents need to complete the required online registration process at https://johnstark-nh.finalforms.com/ even if you played a fall sport. The finalforms website will open for registration on November 1. Athletes will also need to complete the registration process on finalforms after their parent has completed the process.
2) All freshman and juniors playing a Winter Sport must take the ImPACT Concussion baseline test if you did not take it this fall. All juniors must take the test this year even if they took it last year. Any Sophomores or Seniors that did not take an ImPACT test at John Stark this current or last school year must take one this Winter.
Dates the ImPACT Test will be given are Monday, November 8 at 3:10 pm and Wednesday, November 17 at 3:10 pm in the Graphics Lab.
If you want to play a Winter Sport and need to take an ImPACT test you must attend one of those dates and time. You must be on time to be able to take the test if you are late to the writing center you will not be allowed to take the test that day.
Also before you can take the ImPACT test you and your parents must have completed the required online registration process as described above.
3) When the online forms have been completed as described above Mr. Searles will check your eligibility in terms of academics- you must have passed at least 5 classes when grades closed for quarter one. If you only passed 4 classes you will need to see Mr. Searles about applying for an Academic Eligibility Waiver in order to possibly be eligible to play.
4) In addition, to be eligible to play you must have a current physical on file with the nurse and be cleared to participate by the athletic trainer. Physicals are considered good for 13 months from the date of exam for all students. Please remember the date mentioned above is the date of your actual exam by your doctor, not the date the form may have been printed by the doctor’s office.
5) If you played a fall sport, you will not be cleared until all uniforms and/or equipment has been returned to your coach and the coach notifies the athletic director everything has been returned.
Once your parents have completed the required forms as discussed above, you met all eligibility requirements and taken the ImPACT test if needed you will be cleared for participation. YOU CAN’T PRACTICE UNTIL CLEARED BY THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR!
You will be notified via email from finalforms when you are cleared to participate.
Start Dates for all Winter Sports Athletes:
November 15: Wrestling, 3:30- 6:00
November 16: Swimming, 7:30- 9:00, Goffstown YMCA
November 29: Boys Basketball, 3:00- 6:00 Girls Basketball, 6:00- 9:00, Winter Cheer 3:00- 5:30
November 30: Ice Hockey, 9:00- 10:00
Alpine Ski, Indoor Track and Unified Basketball to be determined
Thursday, December 2- Mandatory Parent and Athlete Winter Sports Meeting, 7 p.m. in the gym. All winter athletes and at least one parent/guardian must attend.